International Superstar Soccer 98
|International Superstar Soccer 98|
| Release date
|| Japan: 4 June 1998|
EU: 1 September 1998
NA: 15 September 1998
International Superstar Soccer 98 , or ISS 98 (Jikkyou World Soccer: World Cup France 1998 in Japan) was developed by Konami which was released exclusively for the Nintendo 64.
Although it lacked FIFPro licence, it featured Italian striker Fabrizio Ravanelli along with German goalkeeper Andreas Koepke (on German release) and English midfielder Paul Ince (on British release) on the cover. The cover of the Nintendo 64 version featured Colombian player Carlos Valderrama, and the game featured license from Reebok to use their logos in adboards and the Chilean kits.
It's Playstation counterpart was called International Superstar Soccer Pro 98.
- The list of teams has been expanded to 52.
- The number of players in each team has been expanded to 20.
- Formation mode can be entered in any time during the match.
- Player Name Editor in Game Options, a carryover from the previous version.
- Three new stadiums and five difficulty levels.
- Player creation mode allowing the creation of up to 60 individual players.
 Game Play Content
Due to the date of release, the game focuses on 1998 World Cup and includes each qualifed team plus more. Every team which participated in the tournament has home, away and goalkeeper official kits featuring manufacturer logos and national emblems used in qualifications.
The squads are in accordance with official 1998 FIFA World Cup squads as well (rosters from the European version of the game are more tournament-accurate for the 32 participating teams). Teams that did not qualify have line-ups from the qualifiers. However the players' names are misspelled, though they have their actual numbers, appearance, age, weight, height and abilities.
 Game Modes
- Open Game: a friendly match game against computer or another player with a choice of difficulty, stadium, weather and match length and time of a match. It was also possible to play with another player or with computer against computer. Computer versus computer option was available as well.
- World League: 48 international teams participate in league playing either half or full season with a free choice of teams.
- International Cup: This mode is where the player selects a team from one region and attempts to get them to the International Cup 98.
- Penalty Kick: two teams take a five penalty kicks to select the winner. In case of a draw, they undergo sudden death round.
- Scenario: 16 different situations where the player enters a match in progress (always during a set play in the second half) and must ensure the victory of the team under their control.
- Training: practice of shooting free kicks and corner kicks with a selected team.
|Original Series:||International Superstar Soccer · Deluxe · 64 · 98 · 2000 · ISS 2 · ISS 3|
|ISS Pro series:|| International Superstar Soccer Pro · ISS Pro 98 · ISS Pro Evolution · ISS Pro Evolution Soccer 2|
|PES series:||Pro Evolution Soccer · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 2008 · 2009 · 2010 · 2011 · 2012 · 2013 · 2014 · 2015|
|Spin-off series:||Pro Evolution Soccer Management|
This page has been accessed 1,147 times.