International Superstar Soccer Deluxe
International Superstar Soccer Deluxe (officially abbreviated as ISS Deluxe and known as Jikkyou World Soccer 2: Fighting Eleven in Japan) is the sequel to International Superstar Soccer developed and published by Konami. This Deluxe version was published first to the SNES, then the Mega Drive and finally the PlayStation.
ISS Deluxe has realistic animations and player sprites. The player can choose from 16 formations and 8 strategies and can compete with 36 national teams with recognizable famous players (like Carlos Valderrama, Roberto Baggio, Fabrizio Ravanelli, Yordan Letchkov), but their names are fictitious (like Capitale for Gabriel Batistuta).
 Game Modes
There are several competitions available including International Cup, World Series (League), Scenario Mode and customizable mini-cups and leagues.
 Differences between ISS and ISS Deluxe
The Deluxe version, released in the same year as ISS, contains several developments over the original. These changes refer to the SNES version.
- It was made possible to play with two players co-operatively against the CPU
- Extra commentary was added, although it was basic and consisted of a few set phrases such as "Down the wing!", "It's a biiiiiiiiig kick!", "Incredible control!" and "Blocked shot!", which sometimes played a little too late, to comical effect
- Player graphics and game AI were improved
- Substitution and player selection was improved, making it possible to tell the type of player being selected, striker, defender, etc.
- Activating one of the set strategies results in the name of the strategy appearing on screen
- Corner kicks and direct free kicks no longer have a few seconds before taking where the camera pans around the players. It was made possible to control panning before the kick is taken
- The timer shows a ring graphic which counts down the time in each half
- It is possible to tackle the goalkeeper when the ball is out of play, frequently (but not always) resulting in a red card
- Curling the ball became more pronounced, including the ability to curl kicks taken by the keeper
- It's no longer possible to knock down the reporters standing behind the goal by hitting them with the ball.
- Winning the league mode in the hardest difficulty unlocks the all-star team. The all-star team has the best players in the game maxed out, so every player in the all-star team is equal in abilities. 
|Original Series:||International Superstar Soccer · Deluxe · 64 · 98 · 2000 · ISS 2 · ISS 3|
|ISS Pro series:|| International Superstar Soccer Pro · ISS Pro 98 · ISS Pro Evolution · ISS Pro Evolution Soccer 2|
|PES series:||Pro Evolution Soccer · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 2008 · 2009 · 2010 · 2011 · 2012 · 2013 · 2014 · 2015|
|Spin-off series:||Pro Evolution Soccer Management|