|International Superstar Soccer Pro 98|
| Release date
|| EU: 1 May 1998|
NA: 11 August 1998
Japan: 12 November 1998
International Superstar Soccer Pro 98, or ISS Pro 98 (Winning Eleven 3 in Japan) was developed by Konami.
Although it lacked FIFPro licence, it featured Italian striker Fabrizio Ravanelli along with German goalkeeper Andreas Koepke (on German release) and English midfielder Paul Ince (on British release) on the cover.
The cover of the Nintendo 64 version featured Colombian player Carlos Valderrama, and the game featured license from Reebok to use their logos in adboards and the Chilean kits. It is impossible to lose the match by accumulating too many red cards. After the third red card only yellows are shown.
 New Features
- The list of teams was extended to 54.
- The number of players in each team has been extended to 18.
- Slide bar allowing to adjust game speed has been introduced.
- Formation mode can be entered in any time during the match.
- New games mode - All Star Match and Training.
- Player Name Editor has been implemented in Game Options.
- The choice of difficulty and game length allowed in other game modes than Exhibition Mode.
- Five new stadiums and five difficulty levels.
- During the International Cup mode ball turns colour to blue which resembles the ball used in the 1998 FIFA World Cup.
 Game Modes
The features six different game modes. Modes existing in previous version have been developed and the two new have been added.
- Exhibition Mode: a friendly match game against computer or another player with a choice of difficulty, stadium, weather and match length and time of a match. It was also possible to play with another player or with computer against computer. Computer versus computer option was available as well.
- League Mode: 16 international teams participate in league playing either half or full season with a free choice of teams.
- Cup Mode: mainly focused on emulation of FIFA World Cup with the real group draw as in FIFA World Cup 1998. This mode also included local cups like European Cup, Asian Cup, African Cup, North American Cup and South American Cup, each based on knockout-stage conditions. Konami Cup was the one with the more adjustable settings like the number of teams and tournament basis. It is also possible to try to qualify for the World Cup.
- All Star Match: a friendly match game between the World Stars Players and European Stars Players.
- Penalty Kick Mode: two teams take a five penalty kicks to select the winner. In case of a draw, they undergo sudden death round.
- Training: practice of shooting free kicks and corner kicks with a selected team.
|Original Series:||International Superstar Soccer · Deluxe · 64 · 98 · 2000 · ISS 2 · ISS 3|
|ISS Pro series:|| International Superstar Soccer Pro · ISS Pro 98 · ISS Pro Evolution · ISS Pro Evolution Soccer 2|
|PES series:||Pro Evolution Soccer · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 2008 · 2009 · 2010 · 2011 · 2012 · 2013 · 2014|
|Spin-off series:||Pro Evolution Soccer Management|