Pro Evolution Soccer 2013
|PES 2012 < PES 2013 > PES 2014|
|Pro Evolution Soccer 2013|
|Platform(s)||Xbox 360, PC, PS3, Wii, 3DS, PS2, PSP|
| Release date
(PC, PS3, Xbox 360)
| UK: 21 September|
EU: 20 September
America: 18 September
Asia: 4 October
|Rating(s)||PEGI - 3+|
|Latest PES 2013 Forum Posts|| |
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 (PES 2013), also known as World Soccer: Winning Eleven 2013 in Asia, is the sequel to PES 2012 that is developed and published by Konami. The game was announced on 18 April 2012 and is set to be released on the Xbox 360, PC, PS3, Wii, 3DS, PS2 and PSP.
On 20 April, a teaser trailer (found here), featuring cover star Cristiano Ronaldo, was released onto YouTube. A more expansive debut trailer (found here) was released on 24 April. The trailer mainly focuses on the accurate likeness of Cristiano Ronaldo on his running and dribbling style to his real life counterpart. On the same day, several screenshots (found below) were released.
On 29 May, an additional screenshot (found here) was released showing Ronaldo in-game. Fabio Coentrao, Santi Cazorla and Marcelo can also be seen. A further 5 screenshots were released (shown here) on 30 May, featuring Ronaldinho, Deco and Lionel Messi, to name a few.
On 31 May, another 2 screenshots (found below) were released to the public.
On 1 June, a new trailer (found here) was released. It features a producer interview and a feature presentation.
The E3 presentation (found here) was shown on 5 June. It features players such as Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Neymar and Cristiano Ronaldo. The trailer showed off some of the gameplay while highlighting key aspects such as PES Full Control. In addition, it was also announced that all 20 La Liga stadiums will be licensed.
PES 2013's third gameplay video at E3 was released on 7 June and can be found here.
In the middle of August, PES 2013 was presented at Gamescom. The first trailer can be found here. Furthermore, the Gamescom build is marked as 90% complete and has 41 teams available to play in 10 minute matches in 10 different stadiums. Several more screenshots were released as well.
On 22 August, it was announced that the Brazilian league will be licensed in the game. On the same day it was announced that Neymar would be on the South American cover of the game.
Portuguese superstar Cristiano Ronaldo will once again feature as the main cover star for PES 2013. Elsewhere in other regions, other footballers will feature on the cover with Ronaldo. They are:
 First Demo
The first demo for PES 2013 was released on 25 July, allowing users to experience these key additions at first hand, and features eight fully licensed teams. They are:
 International teams
Games are set at 5 minute matches with a choice of 6 difficulties: Beginner, Amateur, Regular, Professional, Top Player and Super Star.
 Second Demo
The second demo was released 28 August on the Xbox 360, and 28 August on the US PS Store (EU version released the next day), with the PC version coming later. The demo will include 11 fully licensed teams with the same general settings as the previous demo (difficulties and game length). Also new anthems have been implemented for the starting line-ups and fans will have the possibility of experiencing for the first time our brand new training trials.
 Club teams
 Copa Libertadores
 Game Modes
 Performance Training
The training sessions are vital to mastering the new level of total control. A series of walk-thru guides will ease the player into the intricacies of quick passes and manual shooting, and also allow them to refine the control over secondary players via the improve off-the-ball control, and the deft footwork of lobbing a goalkeeper.
 Football Life
Introduced in PES 2012, Football Life is an umbrella term for the series' popular Master League, Become a Legend and Master League online sections. Each has seen a wide number of changes and additions, with ways to bolster team performance by earning money to add special coaches to work on the team's weaknesses, while transfers are more open with clearer reasons as to why negotiations are stalling. Players will want reassurance on key elements, and will say they are joining a team with many players vying for their position. This carries into Become a Legend, where the player is given feedback on how they need to improve to break into the squad.
Master League Online will introduce a new ranking system called 'Rival Ranking'; which sources players at a similar level, while the community side of the game will be split into 240 cities across the globe, and will show when local players are online. Leagues can be created, and messages and challenges sent. The series' myPES synchronisation with Facebook also returns, and will go into more detail. Match reports covering pass success rates, possession, etc., will be detailed, as will each user's top scorers, runs of results and scoring patterns. These can then be posted on the user's Facebook Wall.
This section will tell you the current licensings and leagues in PES 2013.
 Licensed Cup Competitions
 Fully Licensed Leagues
- Liga BBVA – all 20 stadiums are also licensed
- Ligue 1
- J. League Division 1 & J. League Division 2 (Only appears in Japanese version of the game)
 Partially Licensed or Unlicensed Leagues
- Premier League - 1 team licensed (Manchester United). League logo and name is fake.
- Primeira Liga - 4 teams licensed (Benfica, Porto, Braga and Sporting Lisbon)
- Serie A - All teams are fully licensed but the logo and name is fake.
- Brazilian League - All teams are fully licensed but the logo and name are fake.
- PES League - The league and all clubs are fictional.
- WE League - The league and all clubs are fictional.
 Unlicensed Cup
- Copa del Rey
- Coupe de France
- KNVB Beker
- FA Cup
- Taca da Portugal
- Coppa Italia
- Copa Do Brasil
- PES Cup
- WE Cup
 Unlicensed Super Cup
- Supercopa de Espana
- Trophee des Champions
- Johan Cruijff-schaal
- FA Community Shield
- SuperTaca Candido de Oliveira
- Supercoppa TIM
- PES Supercup
- WE Supercup
 Unlicensed League Cup
 Unlicensed Intercontinetal Cup
 Unlicensed Seleccion Cup
- FIFA World Cup
- FIFA Confederations Cup
- AFC Asian Cup
- UEFA European Football Championship
- Copa America
- CONCACAF Gold Cup
- African Cup of Nations
 New Features/Improvements
- PES FullControl (PES FC) – the term PES FullControl describes several new and improved features that give you even more control about the players and the ball in PES 2013. It provides the total freedom of movement, and incorporates all new dynamic first touch where players can choose how to receive or move on the ball; and fully manual passing and shooting.
Close control and dribbling is also massively enhanced, with the game's pace slowed in line with real football, and using the R2/RT button giving the player access to a number of control styles. Balls can be cushioned, pushed forward or shielded as the players around you make intelligent runs into space.
This level of control extends to fully manual one-twos, and beautifully-balanced defensive system wherein R2/RT and the tackle button are used to close and challenge an attacker.
- Total Freedom of Control – Pro Evolution Soccer introduced the concept of freedom of movement, the new ‘PES FC’ in PES 2013 goes further with total freedom over ball control.
- Dynamic First Touch – PES 2013 introduces subtle ways to receive the ball, from traps, gently lifting it past an attacker to run on to or a variety of other moves. First touch is everything and players can trap the ball using the R2/RT button, killing the speed of a well-hit pass and bringing it instantly under control, or using the momentum of the pass to turn a defender.
- Full Manual Shooting and Full Manual Passing – PES 2013 offers fully manual passing and for the first time ever manual shooting, allowing users to determine the height and power of each. Long low passes can be sent skimming across the pitch, while shooting the user has total control over where the shot is placed. Skill and precision are needed to master these, but passes can be made into open areas, allowing lone strikers to thrive, while offering an unrivalled variety in ways to score.
- Dribbling – the speed with which a player moves with the ball has been slowed in line with real matches, but using R2/RT allows players to add various styles to their close control. Players can vary the speed of their dribbling, and cushion the ball as they move freely within a 360-degree circle. The new system allows players to knock a ball past a player and collect it, nutmeg them, or hold up play by shielding the ball as team mates find space and make runs.
- Full Manual One-Two – active one-two passes can be made, with the second player being moved in any direction), facilitating various tactical movements.
- Response Defending – countering the attacking options the new dribbling system offers, is a beautifully-balanced defence system. Players can use R2/RT and X/A to slow an attack, with a double-tap of the X/A button prompting a perfectly-timed challenge. Full 360-degree control means that players can check runs and steal the ball from a parallel position, while the individuality element will see world renowned defenders using aerial dominance of physicality to win the ball.
- Goalkeepers – even the game's 'keepers benefit from more control, while their distribution is more precise thanks to the addition of a power gauge when they throw the ball, creating opportunities for new, quicker counter attacks.
- Player ID – Player ID focuses on the individual elements and movements that each player boasts:
- Player Individuality – the very best players in PES 2013 will be instantly recognisable via incredible likeness and signature attributes, skills and tricks that bring them to life. The way they run, turn, trap and move the ball, shape to shoot and even celebrate will be noticeably different during play. Athletes, including cover star Cristiano Ronaldo, have been copied down to the slightest level – including their most famous celebrations.
- Individuality to Goalkeepers – the individuality of movement has also been extended to between the posts. Goal keeping has been totally invigorated via new animations and play styles. PES 2013's goalkeepers represent a massive advance, with all new animations and AI that helps them anticipate dangers and act accordingly.
The new intelligence and AI falls under the Player ID banner, which ensures the world's greatest players behave like their real-world counterparts.
New variety of saves and reactions have been added to ensure the game's 'keepers are in line with the efforts of real shot stoppers. This level of realism also extends to the game’s top-rated goal keepers, with their moves to close attacks down, fling themselves to tip a shot past the post, and in-goal acrobatics benefiting from all new animations and AI.
- ProActive AI – with players behaving individually, ProActive AI ensures the whole game ebbs and flows like a real match. The new AI routines ensure a more balanced match, with illogicalities of previous PES titles eradicated, and with better organisation of the teams who backtrack and break, while maintaining a strong defensive line.
Team also react more quickly to losing possession, tying into the aforementioned defensive improvements and tackling system.
PES 2013 is also an incredibly deep game, and many of its options have been enhanced to exploit these key additions to the gameplay.
- Balance of Play – the development team has worked closely with the PES fan base to eradicate any illogical elements to the way players move and run in PES 2013, with the 'ProActive AI' system enhancing the speed and balance resulting in a more realistic game experience.
- Tactical Precision – the balance of play has also been enhanced in the play between defences and the front line, with greater organisation as the teams track back or pelt forward, setting a harder to beat defensive line, teams adjusting faster to ball gain or loss, allowing for quicker counters.
The development team has worked hard with real keepers to ensure the AI decision process has been vastly improved
- Enhanced Goalkeepers – improvements to the goal keepers was voted the key advancement football fans wanted to see in PES 2013, and the team has worked hard with real keepers to ensure the AI decision process has been vastly improved. 'Keepers now respond with better reactions, clear their lines more effectively and push the ball savely out of play rather than into dangerous areas.
- Better connectivity and atmosphere – PES 2013 will also boast better connectivity and atmosphere. The popular myPES application will extend the connectivity and communication between Facebook-using PES fans, while the game’s audio effects are being tied closer to the on-field action to provide the kind of buzz seen at top-tier matches, with crowds growing in excitement as their team starts to exert pressure.
 Player ID
These are the confirmed list of players with Player ID as seen from trailers.
 Master League
The Copa Libertadores is set to be included within the Master League game mode. This could potentially mean more South American leagues. Or that you could play the Libertadores with the Brazillian teams and, if won the champions league, you could play against the Libertadores winner.
These are the clubs that are featured in PES 2013. In the brackets are the fake name of said club.
 Other Leagues (Europe)
 Club Changes
These are the club changes between full leagues.
 National Teams
The following teams will appear in the game:
1 – Fully licensed team
2 – Team new to the series
3 – Squads have unlicensed named players
 Copa Libertadores
 Copa Libertadores (updated)
PES 2013 contains
In was announced that all La Liga stadiums will be licensed in the game, with 10 of them being received in a later DLC.
 24 April
 29 May
 30 May
 31 May
 5 June
 19 June
 External Links
|Original Series:||International Superstar Soccer · Deluxe · 64 · 98 · 2000 · ISS 2 · ISS 3|
|ISS Pro series:|| International Superstar Soccer Pro · ISS Pro 98 · ISS Pro Evolution · ISS Pro Evolution Soccer 2|
|PES series:||Pro Evolution Soccer · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 2008 · 2009 · 2010 · 2011 · 2012 · 2013 · 2014|
|Spin-off series:||Pro Evolution Soccer Management|
|PES 2013 Forums|
|PC · PS3 · Xbox 360|
Related ThreadsPES 2013: Football Life Challenges - last post by @ Aug 12, 2013
( can give me code pes 2013 eu - last post by @ Apr 19, 2013
Ps3 pes 2013 update problem - last post by @ Jan 13, 2014
Please help Online PES 2013 PS3 - last post by @ May 28, 2013
The Official PES 2013 Forum Awards - last post by @ May 7, 2013
This page has been accessed 82,489 times.