Pro Evolution Soccer 2009
|PES 2008 < PES 2009 > PES 2010|
|Pro Evolution Soccer 2009|
|Platform(s)||Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Portable, Xbox 360, Wii, Mobile|
|Release date||October 17, 2008|
|Media||Blu-Ray disc, DVD, UMD, JAR|
|Latest PES 2009 Forum Posts|| |
Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 (often shortened to PES 2009, or simply PES 09) is the latest game in the series after its release in Autumn 2008. Before the game was released it was revealed that creator Shingo Takatsuka had given the game a complete overhaul following the serious criticism of the previous title.
The game supports network play with a reduction in lag compared to PES 2008 although there are still many criticisms as it is far from lag-free. Lionel Messi is featured as the cover although Andres Guardado features on some versions. A new game mode called Become A Legend has been brought in which involves creating a player and taking him through a career. The Master League mode now has two-tier negotiations which involve negotiating with the club first and then the player separately. Also the edit mode was notably improved with badges and kits now being as intuitive as they were on PS2 versions.
The game will be followed by PES 2010.
 Licensed leagues
- Serie A (official league name and logo not used)
- Ligue 1
- Other Leagues (all teams have licensed kits and badges)
 Unlicensed leagues
 Other clubs
- Manchester United
- Zenit St. Petersburg
- CFR Cluj
- Steaua Bucuresti
- Shakhtar Donetsk
- Standard Liege
- Boca Juniors
 New national teams
- Adidas, Nike, Reebok and Puma boots as well as PES-style boots.
- Wembley Stadium is licensed for the first time.
- The Champions League is a confirmed game mode but doesn't appear in the Master League.
- An update was released in early November which added kits and badges for Atletico Madrid, Sevilla, Racing Santander and Valladolid as well as updating and improving Champions League rosters and kits. This was followed by an update in February for the January transfers and an update in March for the England kit.
- Version 1.10 (leaked version of 1.20)
- Version 1.20 (adds 4 new Spanish clubs, updates rosters and adds new kits)
- Version 1.30 (updates rosters, changes some development curves)
- Version 1.40 (some errors fixed, England kit updated)
 See also
|Original Series:||International Superstar Soccer · Deluxe · 64 · 98 · 2000 · ISS 2 · ISS 3|
|ISS Pro series:|| International Superstar Soccer Pro · ISS Pro 98 · ISS Pro Evolution · ISS Pro Evolution Soccer 2|
|PES series:||Pro Evolution Soccer · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 2008 · 2009 · 2010 · 2011 · 2012 · 2013 · 2014 · 2015|
|Spin-off series:||Pro Evolution Soccer Management|
|PES 2009 Forums|
|PC · PS2 · PS3 · PSP · Wii · Xbox 360|
Related Threadssearching option file [ps2] pes 2009 season 2009/10 with bundesliga - last post by @ Sep 10, 2009
PES 2009 Cover Thread - last post by @ Jan 31, 2009
Pro Evolution Soccer 2009: Header & Footer Contest - Congrats Natman4 and Martins - last post by @ May 16, 2009
PES 2009 GFX Thread IV - last post by @ Jun 25, 2009
PES 2009 Demo - last post by @ Oct 3, 2008