|PES 2009 < PES 2010 > PES 2011|
Pro Evolution Soccer 2010 is a game which was released in Autumn 2009. Many improvements have been made including the licensing of the Europa League (the new name for the UEFA Cup).
Many other changes include a new penalty system, improved visuals, individual characteristics, new animations and the return of community mode. Lag-free matches are also included for network mode, so long as the connection is adequate. The game released on the PS2, PS3, Wii, Xbox 360, PSP and Windows.
It also features Lionel Messi and Fernando Torres on the cover and is the successor to PES 2009. This new edition is seen by the majority of the fans as an opportunity to regain the title for the best football simulator, lost to its rival FIFA two years ago.
The demo was released on the 17th of September while the game was released on the 23rd of October, therefore competing with the FIFA Series.
PES 2010 has the following features.
- PES 2010 contains improved visuals, animations and moves, including live player expressions and movements that will change according to conditions on the field. Animations of dribbling and shots on goal, as well as individual skills, have all been reworked.
- Gameplay has been made more realistic. This includes more versatile goalkeepers and greater control over penalties in terms of placing and accuracy.
- There will be an enhanced online experience: a new development team is solely dedicated to improving online play and other aspects, such as downloadable content and more updates.
- The A.I. has been improved thanks to Teamvision 2.0. Referees have been reworked to make more balanced calls during matches.
- PES 2010 introduces greater strategy control: various strategic elements, such as pass frequency and width of play, can be altered.
- The match-day atmosphere gives a better taste of home and away crowds, which will react spontaneously to all the action on the pitch.
- Master League has been enhanced. It has improved managerial aspects, resulting in an increased managerial career lifespan.
- 360-degree control is introduced, available on the PC, PS3, and Xbox 360 versions of the game via the analog sticks on the respective controllers. PS3 owners will also benefit from this when using the DualShock’s D-Pad, but the Wii D-Pad is limited to eight-directional control and the Xbox 360 D-Pad to sixteen-directional control due to their hardwares.
- Automatic tackling, which often lead to fouls, has now been removed.
- Player "freezing" after taking free kicks and corners removed.
- Overhaul of the penalty system.
- Goalkeepers now more intelligent and less prone to errors.
- Konami ID replaced by Sony.
- Player likenesses, animations and graphics in general have been improved.
- Teamvision 2.0 improves coordination between midfielders and defenders and means fewer "cheap" goals.
- The ability to skip matches in Master League.
Lionel Messi is included on all PES 2010 covers, below are a list of players that are also included on the cover beside Messi in different countries.
 Licensing/Featured Clubs
As well as the Europa League, Double Fusion have reached an agreement with Konami to have their clients sponsoring the game. Both the Europa League and the Champions League will be integrated into the Master League.
 Licensed leagues
 Partially licensed or unlicensed leagues
 Licensed clubs
- Manchester United
- Athletic Bilbao
- Atletico Madrid
- FC Barcelona
- Deportivo La Coruna
- Racing Santander
- Real Madrid
 Unlicensed clubs
- North London (Arsenal)
- West Midlands Village (Aston Villa)
- West Midlands City (Birmingham City)
- Lancashire (Blackburn Rovers)
- Middlebrook (Bolton Wanderers)
- Lancashire Claret (Burnley)
- London FC (Chelsea)
- Merseyside Blue (Everton)
- West London White (Fulham)
- Yorkshire Orange (Hull City)
- Man Blue (Manchester City)
- Pompy (Portsmouth)
- The Potteries (Stoke City)
- Wearside (Sunderland)
- North East London (Tottenham Hotspur)
- East London (West Ham United)
- Lancashire Athletic (Wigan Athletic)
- Wolves (Wolverhampton Wanderers)
- Alm Rojo/Blanco (Almeria)
- Get Azul (Getafe)
- Gij Rojo/Blanco (Sporting de Gijon)
- Mlg Blanco/Azul (Malaga)
- Pamp Rojo (Osasuna)
- Tnr Azul/Blanco (Tenerife)
- Xrz Azul (Xerez)
- Zar Blanco/Azul (Zaragoza)
- Marchidegna (Panionios)
- Huerpojauza C.F. (Stabæk IF)
- FC Cerchizmajiu (FC Timisoara)
- Alashergokh F.C. (FC Amkar Perm)
- F.C. Kholugavinsk (Dynamo Moscow)
- PFC Ryagzhilograd (CSKA Moscow)
- F.K. Ljemorac (Rubin Kazan)
- A.S. Punoichongaux (FC Zurich)
- MFK Trnolevoce (Trabzonspor)
 National teams
Teams in bold are newly added, teams in italics are newly licensed:
 The Americas
1 - Licensed teams
2 - Team consists of Fake Player Names
3 - Teams on next-gen version only
 Other Leagues
The following club teams are listed in the order that they appear in the Other Leagues section of the game.
- RSC Anderlecht 1
- Club Brugge 1 3
- Standard de Liege 1
- Dinamo Zagreb 1
- Slavia Praha 1
- Sparta Prague 1
- Brondby IF 1
- F.C. Copenhagen 1
- HJK Helsinki 1
- AEK Athens 1
- Olympiacos 1
- Panathinaikos 1
- Marchidegna 2 (Panionios) 3
- PAOK Thessaloniki 1 3
- Rosenborg BK 1
- Huerpojauza C.F. 2 (Stabæk IF) 3
- Wisła Kraków R.A. 1 3
- SL Benfica 1
- SC Braga 1 3
- FC Porto 1
- Sporting 1
- FC Dinamo Bucuresti 1
- CFR Cluj 1 3
- FC Cerchizmajiu 2 (FC Timisoara) 3
- Unirea Urziceni 1
- Alashergokh F.C. 2 (FC Amkar Perm) 3
- F.C. Kholugavinsk 2 (Dynamo Moscow) 3
- F.K. Ljemorac 2 (Rubin Kazan) 3
- PFC Ryagzhilograd 2 (CSKA Moscow) 3
- Lokomotiv Moscow 1
- Spartak Moscow 1
- Zenit St. Petersburg 1
- Aberdeen FC 1 3
- Celtic FC 1
- Hearts 1 3
- Rangers FC 1
- FK Crvena Zvezda (Red Star Belgrade) 1
- AIK 1
- IFK Goteborg 1
- Hammarby IF 1
- Kalmar FF 1
- FC Basel 1893 1 3
- A.S. Punoichongaux 2 (FC Zurich) 3
- Besiktas 1
- Fenerbahce 1
- Galatasaray 1
- Sivasspor 1
- MFK Trnolevoce 2 (Trabzonspor) 3
- Shakhtar Donetsk 1
- FK Metalist Kharkiv 1 3
- Dynamo Kiev 1
- Boca Juniors 1
- River Plate 1
- SC Internacional 1
- PES United
- WE United
1 - Licensed teams
2 - Unlicensed teams consisting of Fake Player Names
3 - Teams on next-gen version only
 Fictional Clubs
These fake clubs are used to round out the second division within the Master League.
- Wondengine Town
- C.S. Squanoer
- FSV Sarmtonburg
- Johachnaard V.V.
- S.D. Quaztolla
- C.D. Raltonvegua
- FC Nortovka
- Cantlesir Spor
- K.S. Szelawce
- Jorudberg FF
- Hjorwesland BK
- FK Odersteich
- KVC Meirkugaurt
- CS Iolceanicu
- A.C. Nitsaloskis
- PES United
- WE United
 Club changes
Several updates have been released for PES 2010 such as:
- PES 2010 Version 1.01
- PES 2010 Version 1.02
- PES 2010 Version 1.03
- PES 2010 Version 1.04
- PES 2010 Version 1.05
- PES 2010 Version 1.06
- PES 2010 Version 1.07
The following stadiums appear in the PS3, Xbox 360 and PC versions of the game. The San Siro represents AC Milan and the Stadio Giuseppe Meazza represents Inter Milan even though the Stadio Giuseppe Meazza and the San Siro is the same stadium and homegrounds of both AC Milan and Inter Milan.
|2||Old Trafford||Manchester United|
|5||Estadio Santiago Bernabéu||Real Madrid|
|6||Estádio do Dragão||FC Porto|
|7||Estádio José Alvalade||Sporting CP|
|8||Estádio da Luz||Benfica|
|10||El Monumental||River Plate|
|11||Saitama Stadium 2002||Urawa Red Diamonds|
|12||Stade de France||France|
|13||Stade Louis II||AS Monaco|
|14||Giuseppe Meazza||Inter Milan|
|15||San Siro||AC Milan|
|16||Stadio Olimpico||AS Roma and Lazio|
|3||Bristol Mary Stadium||Veltins-Arena||Schalke 04|
|4||Estadio de Palenque||Estadio Azteca||Mexico and Club America|
|5||Mohamed Lewis Stadium||Stade Félix Houphouët-Boigny|
|6||Ville Marie Stadium||Emirates Stadium||Arsenal FC|
In addition, the PS2 has 10 more stadiums.
|1||Estadio Riazor||Deportivo De La Coruna|
|3||Estadio Artemio Franchi||Fiorentina|
|4||Stadio Delle Alpi||Juventus and Torino|
|5||Stadio Ennio Tardini||Parma|
|1||Cuito Cuanavale||Vodacom Park|
|2||Blautraum Stadium||Schüco Arena||Arminia Bielefeld|
|3||Amerigo Atlantis||Estadio Nacional De Chile|
|4||Estadio Gran Chaco||La Bombonera||Boca Juniors|
|5||Nakhon Ratchasima||Busan Asaid Stadium|
 See Also
- Recommended Players in PES 2010
- List of New Presets in PES 2010
- List of songs on Pro Evolution Soccer 2010
- List of Updates in PES 2010
|Original Series:||International Superstar Soccer · Deluxe · 64 · 98 · 2000 · ISS 2 · ISS 3|
|ISS Pro series:|| International Superstar Soccer Pro · ISS Pro 98 · ISS Pro Evolution · ISS Pro Evolution Soccer 2|
|PES series:||Pro Evolution Soccer · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 2008 · 2009 · 2010 · 2011 · 2012 · 2013|
|Spin-off series:||Pro Evolution Soccer Management|
|PES 2010 Forums|
|PC · PS2 · PS3 · PSP · Wii · Xbox 360|