Pro Evolution Soccer 5
|PES 4 < PES 5 > PES 6|
|Pro Evolution Soccer 5|
|Platform(s)||Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 2, PlayStation Portable, Xbox|
|Release date|| 2 October 2005|
|Media||DVD, UMD, DS Card|
|Latest PES 5 Forum Posts|
The Pro Evolution Soccer 5 (often just PES5. also known as Winning Eleven 9 in Japan) box-art features Chelsea's John Terry and Barcelona's (Arsenal's at the time) Thierry Henry. The game was available for PC, PlayStation 2 and Xbox. The game had a much slower pace than its predecessors which surprised and angered many PES fans but was welcomed by others who thought 4 was too fast. However it was the first to introduce the online mode on all consoles. The game was infamous for the referee halting play for very tedious fouls.
PES5 was also the first Pro Evolution to appear on the PSP and Xbox and despite it being slowed down it is considered by many players the best Pro Evolution game due to its realism and amazing step up from PES 4, these included:
- More realistic Preset Faces
- The ability to customize kits by overlaying patterns, pasting on logos for sponsors and combining 1st and 2nd kits.
- The introduction of snow
- More Edit appearance options such as untucked shirts and under-shorts
- More realistic player interaction (such as cold air being visible out of the players mouth)
- Online play
 Fully Licensed Leagues
 Partially Licensed leagues
- Japan and South Korea remain the only licensed national teams
- Chelsea and Arsenal are the first English teams to be licensed from the English League
- La Liga, Serie A (with the exception of Cagliari) and Eredivisie are fully licensed.
- 8 licensed teams from other European leagues: Celtic, Rangers, FC Porto, Galatasaray, Dynamo Kiev, Rosenborg, FC Copenhagen and Djurgardens IF.
- This was also the last installment to feature a German League.
|Original series:||International Superstar Soccer · Deluxe · 64 · 98 · 2000 · ISS 2 · ISS 3|
|ISS Pro series:|| International Superstar Soccer Pro · ISS Pro 98 · ISS Pro Evolution · ISS Pro Evolution Soccer 2|
|PES series:||Pro Evolution Soccer · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 2008 · 2009 · 2010 · 2011 · 2012 · 2013 · 2014 · 2015 · 2016 · 2017 · 2018 · 2019|
|Spin-off series:||Pro Evolution Soccer Management|
|PES 5 Forums|
|PC · PS2 · PSP · Xbox|
Related ThreadsIniesta 5* / Fabregas 5* / EUS Marchisio / CLS De Rossi / NDS Cazorla - last post by @ Sep 18, 2015
Which midfield to Ultra ? 5* Alonso/5*Hazard/5*Iniesta - last post by @ Apr 6, 2015
5* Messi , CLS De Rossi/5* Alonso - last post by @ Apr 9, 2015
PES 2018: 5 Ways to Make Football Life More Engaging - last post by @ Jun 16, 2017
Problem with 5* Godín - last post by @ Nov 2, 2015